Monday, February 26, 2018

It's gym day!

This is our "morning gym day routine"...

"Mom can you tie my shoes?" As I'm naked getting out of the shower and still wet. I mean, just because I'm in the shower or getting out of the shower AND the door is closed, clearly means nothing in this house... ever! Even the dog nudges the door open if it's not all the way latched.

"Babe, you know how to tie your shoes."

"But Mom, it's a gym day and if I do it they'll come lose during gym and I could hurt myself."

"Bella seriously you know how to tie your shoes, you are 8 years old girl."


"Mom I don't want to hurt myself in gym. It'll be better if you do it." I finish drying off and tell her to brush her teeth while I get myself dressed. I come back and and tie her shoes.

"Boo you really have to practice this. You've said you want to be independent and then you ask me every day to tie your shoes."

"Well I do want to be independent with SOME things."

"Well tying shoes is something you are going to be independent at real soon sister!" Out of the bathroom she goes begging me to make a smoothie.

She's playing the card folks. The "I need to be safe and I only have one hand card." Trust me, I know this kid, she's been playing this for awhile now. She's not concerned about safety when she's trying to use a sharp knife to cut an apple.

"Leave me alone! Let me do it! I'm TRYING to be independent and you guys aren't helping me if YOU do it!"

She's even got her younger brother to tie her shoes.

"Grayson can you tie my shoes, I only have one hand and it's harder for me." That kid loves his sister like he loves no one else and he happily ties her shoes.

Those cards are played out folks. She made a video on how to tie shoes for another limb different kid. If she can do it on video, I have proof that she CAN be independent and SAFE when she ties her shoes... though I can't fault her. Now can someone come cook my dinner, I'm not safe with sharp knives or fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...