Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tutu and Papa

My mom is consistently making Camp No Limits possible for us and our family. She works hard to raise money every single year without fail. She's the one behind Bikers for Bella (and Harley and Chad too!) and helps get everything organized and set to go. She and Harley were the ones that wanted to raise money for OTHER KIDS and their families to attend Camp No Limits. She's worked hard to find the families and then reach out to the parents and offer to help.

She has a heart of gold. She does so many things for other people and is the first to jump in and help when she can. She cares for elderly people. She cleans houses for a living. She loves helping others and feeling like she's done some good in the world.

This week is typically a tough week for our family. Six years ago, I was 39 weeks pregnant with Grayson Ryan. My aunt suddenly and unexpectedly passed away this week six years ago. Then my dad suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. Then two days later, Grayson entered the world and his middle name was promptly changed to John after my dad on my husband's recommendation. He is the saving grace in all of the sadness.

Yesterday, my mom (Tutu to my kids) and step dad's (Papa Mark to my kids) house was hit by a tornado. Adding to the already wild mix of emotions. Windows were blown out. Their pole barn was completely knocked down. There's a giant mess of debris in their yard, in trees, all over, there is glass inside their house, there's no power so their food is going bad and the deep freezer items are thawing out. I feel awful for them and for the people around them.

My mom will NEVER ask for help and neither will Mark. I'd love to be there to just do what needs to be done. If people go there, she won't tell them what to do.... that's not her nature. So if you are wanting to help them, just go, see the damage, pick up what you can. Take them some snacks that don't have to be refrigerated or a meal that they don't have to heat, or even a gift card to go grab some dinner. They are working currently on getting a back up generator as theirs was in the pull barn that was damaged. Once I get there, I promise to kiss all of your sweet faces for helping them!

In the end, things are just things, dirt can be cleaned, the aftermath can be put back together in some sort of nature. In the end, the things and stuff doesn't go with you when you go. It's just stuff. I'm thankful they are alive, though frightened and in shock, alive. In the end, that's all that really matters. Hug the ones you love, life can change in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...