Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Bad dreams

I went to Kansas City without Ryan and the kids. It was a very difficult decision to make. I fretted far more than I should have but none the less, I finally made the decision that I felt was best. I flew standby thanks to an incredible friend that let me use one of her buddy passes. It ended up to be cheaper for me to do that than to get there any other way.


I arrived and we worked like dogs. We sorted through things, we threw out a ton of stuff. There are shards of glass everywhere. We sat in the living room and then found more shards of glass on the carpet, in the furniture, on the table, in the lamps... it was non-stop. We went through as much as we could outside. We cleaned up the glass from my mom's vehicle. We did as much as we could with the time I had there.

My takeaway from the entire thing... you only have one life, the stuff is just stuff. Sometimes the "stuff" holds memories and you want to keep it to remind yourself of all the memories that it brings... but again in the end, it's just stuff. The memories are held deep within your heart. The moments you create are much bigger than those momentos and those memories are held in your soul. Spend the life you have loving and living. Spend your money on moments and memories, that is money well spent. Stuff can be replaced, lives can not. Hug the ones you love, I know I sure did! I've never been so happy to see my mom and Mark's faces to see that they were alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...