Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Why Camp No Limits?

(Yep this is a super old picture but look how sweet!)
A friend asked me the other day why we chose Camp No Limits when there were "so many other camps out there". It's hard to explain honestly. I just felt an instant connection with the director when I spoke with her. Mary was friendly and gave me her cell number without hesitation when I was a first time camp mom. I had a million questions about how camp would work with 3 little ones, rooming, meals, what we should bring, etc. She was kind and welcoming right away. She didn't hesitate to answer my questions and didn't make me feel like a complete idiot :)

Yes, there are other camps available. Not a ton but probably about a handful. I'm not knocking any of them or saying we'll never go to them. There is a possibility that we may some day. For me and for our family, it's important to chose something that is a good fit. Only you can decide what will be a good fit for you and your family. I say that a thousand times over when new mamas contact me asking about prosthetics, to use them or not. "You have to decide what's best for YOUR child"... that's not a decision I can make for them. It takes a lot of thinking and sleepless nights but once you decide, run with it! That's exactly what we did with camp, we picked CNL and then ran with it!

Camp No Limits felt like a second home seconds after we arrived. Everyone was warm and welcoming and we felt at ease right away. Within 4 days, it was sad to leave. You felt like you were leaving your family. We were recently lucky enough to connect with Keegan, one of the junior volunteers, on FaceTime. The kids loved it! It only reinforced our decision to go back. The friends you make at camps like this one can be lifetime mentors and friends. We've looked at our photo album from last year and are ready to dive in and make one for this year.

The countdown is on! Camp No Limits Florida starts in a few short days. Our bags are packed... or so we hope! We are ready to embrace the opportunities that this year has to offer. We are happy to see old friends and make new ones. Most of all, we are thankful for the opportunity to do this once again! Thank you to EVERYONE who has donated, whether it was a dollar or a hundred dollars, it's helped us meet our goal of going to camp yet again.

Camp updates will be posted later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...