Friday, January 9, 2015

Bedtime stories

This is our family on Christmas Day, all dressed up and celebrating. Each night we tuck the kids into bed, we talk about whatever they bring up. It's their turn to have some one on one time with mom and then dad or vice versa. Tonight it went something like this...

Laying in bed with Bella "Mom, I'm so glad you picked my dad to marry"
"Dad, if I was an adult and wasn't your daughter... If mama wasn't your wife... I would line up all of the boys I want to marry and I would X them all out and still pick you to marry"

Laying in bed with Grayson "Mom, I love Keegan"
"Mom, why are you so afraid of this plastic lion, it's just plastic. It's just a lion. It has blood in it's mouth. It's pretend."

Laying in bed with Luca feeling something hard and plastic under my head. "Here honey, snuggle your frog"
"No"
"What's this, Luca?"
"Moose"

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...