I joined Bella on a field trip about Folk Art and it was super fun! It was nice to see all of the interactions amongst peers, the incredible teachers, my parent friends, and the vintage view finder... Did I mention it's a view finder from when I was a kid? I'm not that old! Either way, I had a great time and so did she. I'm thrilled she still lets me and encourages me to come along.
This is my partner in crime at work. I'm not sure what I'd do without her. She's a veteran so lets all thank her for her service to our country and her continued to service to endless students and faculty (me included!) We've officially made it through half the trimester once again!
This guy got some killer face paint from his mama for Halloween and he let his Daddy pull another lose tooth. He's a brave one!
This guy is surviving and LOVING kindergarten. He's made tons of friends and he's soaking in things like a sponge. He's a "bucket filler" these days more than a "bucket dipper".
It's November 7th so I need to start my gratitude list! We've started at home too, which has been really fun with the kids!
1. I'm thankful for my neighbors who are amazing and help us with so many things.
2. I'm thankful for a job that I enjoy which it makes it seem a little less like work
3. I'm thankful for a husband that's always encouraging me to chase my dreams
4. I'm thankful for a college degree that provides opportunities that others aren't able to have
5. I'm thankful for Bella's kindness to others. She really looks out for her friends and will stand up to those that aren't kind.
6. I'm thankful for the ability to have days off to go to lunch with the kids, go on field trips, help in the classroom and even have lunch with girlfriends.
7. I'm thankful for my mom friends, the ones that always make me laugh, lift me up when I'm down, that help with my kids, that treat my kids like their own, that keep me sane... most days!
On a BIG update on the prosthetic front. I've sent in the appeal and now we wait again... this is a super long process. I can't begin to tell you how stinking frustrated I am with the whole thing. I've called United Healthcare almost every damn day. On that note, I'm thankful for a phone, insurance (even if it pisses me off), the ability to fight, my ability to advocate, the knowledge that I have about pediatric patients and prosthetics and our limb different family. We should know by November 20th if we are approved or not. Until then, we have an appointment at Hanger on Friday!
It's November, be thankful! Find something every stinking day to be thankful for. Find SOMEONE to be thankful for and tell them that you are thankful for them. People, we have a lot to be thankful for!