Monday, December 14, 2015

It's Christmas time in the city

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year! I would attribute a lot of that to my Grandma Tootie's traditions that trickled into my family when I was a child and now into my adult life. She LOVED christmas. She loved her family and boy was she a spit-fire... Bella may have inherited a bit of that from her.

This year with school finishing up for me and the changes in our jobs and lives, I had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit. Right after graduation and Thanksgiving, it started to hit me that Christmas was coming and like a freight train, it hit me and the spirit came over me! We set up our tree as a family, one of my favorite traditions as a child and still a favorite. Bella loves it as much as I do, this year she made me promise not to put up ANY decorations until she was home from school. Our house is decorated and ready to go. 

One of my favorite things about Christmas is figuring out the perfect gift for each person on my list. It's not about gifts but I do really relish in picking out something fitting for those that I love. I love handmade gifts too, giving and receiving them! I really enjoy when people really think about what they give. I can't spill all of the beans about what people on my list are getting but I will say, I put LOTS of thought and love into each and every one. There is ONE gift that I'm stoked to give this year and I can't wait to see that person's look on their face when they get it. It's a gift of love and time... lots of both. I'll share pictures once it's given. I will tell you it has something to do with my sewing machine. 

This year, I wondered what other people do or give. What are your traditions? What makes your holiday special? Do you celebrate Christmas? I love hearing about other culture and traditions! Is there something you eat every year around the holiday? What is on the TOP of your wish list this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...