Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Bella on being romantic

Seriously this kid... she kills me sometimes with the things that she says. So I'm in bed with her tucking her in for the night and she says "You and Daddy are romantic."

"What does romantic mean anyways?" I asked, almost afraid to find out the answer.

"That you kiss with your tongue!"

"Ew, why would I kiss Daddy with my tongue! You better not EVER kiss a boy with your tongue!"

"Well it's when you hold your face when you kiss"

"Daddy doesn't hold my face when he kisses me... but Grayson does! So he's romantic!" We both laugh and she gives me the side eye.

"MOM, Seriously, it's when you love someone, you are romantic with them"

"Oh I think I understand" as I smile, hoping to end the conversation for fear of what she might say next!

"Let's just read, okay. I'll read you some poems I wrote" and away she goes, reading her poems. I smile to think that she's thinking about romance and love. I'm happy she thinks her Daddy and I are romantic, although I'm not so sure we are. I mean is falling asleep at 8:30 romantic? Or rushing through the morning and barely stealing a kiss in the madness? It's life, it's where we are right now and I wouldn't trade it for anything else on the planet. I'm happy to know that she's witnessing love first hand and watching her dad and I closely. I'm happy to think that she knows Daddy and I are in love and happy. We spend a lot of time laughing together. I'll be romantic with that guy any day... but I'm not kissing him with my tongue! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...