Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tiny girl, Big heart

Tonight, while tucking our sweet girl into bed she said "Mom, when I get bigger, I want to take care of sick kids like you and make them better like you do. And Mom, when I get bigger, I want to be a mom like you too"


I told her "that's a great idea, I would love if you took care of sick kids like mama does and if you are a mom someday when your older, much older! That would make me so proud to have you do the same things I do. Being a mom is the BEST thing ever."

"Yeah but if I'm ganna work, I'm ganna need to learn to drive. If I drive, I'm ganna need a car"

And so it begins, our four year old thinking about her future.

2 comments:

  1. I read the article in the Aug. 27, 2013 edition of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. I met Gary Wetzel (awarded the Medal of Honor from his Vietnam experience) and I know underneath the crusty appearance is a guy with a good heart. I, too, am a Vietnam combat vet having served on an M48A3 tank with the 11th ACR in '67 & '68. I guess partly because of Gary's involvement, I hopefully made a significant contribution toward Bella's camp fund...John Hien (jkhien@att.net)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John,
      Gary is a fantastic man and we enjoyed meeting him. My dad had a "Crusty" appearance too, underneath was a man who would give you the shirt off of his back! We embrace crusty appearances. Thank you for your donation but more importantly, thank you for serving our country!

      Delete

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...