Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Purging

Most people I know make fun of me for the amount of joy that purging brings me. It seriously makes me happy. Less is more. I'd rather create memories and moments than have nice, new furniture. My mom does both. My dad was more of a moments guy. Neither of them love purging as much as me. As far as my husband goes, he lets me do my thing, then asks if I'm pregnant. The nesting phase was real folks in all three pregnancies.

I set out to start the purge of the basement a few months ago. It's a good thing it's the basement and guests don't really go down there! Let's just say it looked like a war zone... or maybe it still does! Honestly though, I started at one end and worked toward the other end. I'm about 2/3 done (pictures to come). I stopped when I got to the toys. Toys are SO hard to purge. I firmly believe that less is more in that department and the kids get totally lost and side tracked because there's so much! I'm waiting for Bella to help me with the toys part. The only thing that I think you can't have enough of is books, I want me kids to have a home library that has all sorts of variety!

How do you purge? Does it bring you joy? Do you feel like you have more control over your life? What brings you happiness? How do you balance it all? I'm interested in what other people think and feel and how YOU go about purging... or do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...