Thursday, May 18, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you mama's out there! (Better late than never right?!) This year, I actually got to spend part of mother's day with my mama! I was excited to say the least.



I didn't realize how much my parents really loved me until I became a parent myself. I remember Bella being born and it hitting me like a ton of bricks. How can I love this little person so much? How could I love her endlessly and unconditionally already? It's like your heart doubles in size the day you become a mother. I remember calling both of my parents and thanking them for loving me so much.


I was really lucky in the parent department. I was a difficult kid and teenager, at least in my own eyes. I made good grades, straight A's. I was hard on myself and I pushed myself to the brink. I would cause myself a fair amount of stress because I worked so hard and beat myself up when I scored less than 100%. My parents were supportive. They didn't pressure me to get 100%, instead they provided support, encouragement and guidance. I was emotional (heck, I'm still emotional). 

I never realized how difficult my parent's had it until I became a parent myself.


I can honestly say that my parents were there for me through the good times and the bad. I learned some hard lessons. I learned that I'm super type A and that I struggle because of that. I learned that through all of it, I could reach out and have those tough conversations with my parents. Nothing was every off limits for discussion. We have a very open relationship and talk about so much. I think this is highly important, especially as a teen.


How did my mom and I celebrate? We spent some time at a Royal's game on Friday night with friends and more family. I LOVE Royal's baseball. My love for the Brewer's has never come (sorry Milwaukee folks!) and I'm not sure it ever will. We went to some antique markets... which my mom is NOT a fan of but I'm pretty sure she had fun. She knows that's totally my thing and I love looking at all that "rusty shit" as she called it. She even fell in love with a $2,000 dresser, what can I say, she has expensive taste! We shopped and run around then spent Saturday night at Garth Brooks. Totally a bucket list thing. Shenandoah opened for him (old school country!) as well as an upcoming artist named Mitch Rossell. He was also amazing. Garth and Trisha though, out of this world. Garth played for 3 solid hours, 3 hours! It was insane and a blast. We sang every single song and only sat in our seats briefly. Super great concert with a weekend of memories to last a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...