Friday, September 14, 2018

On my agenda

It's on my agenda to make myself a shirt that says "Advocate like a mother". Really! Advocating is NOT for the weak. You need a big pair of....
All jokes aside, this whole prosthetic process can be really frustrating. REALLY frustrating! So yeah, I'm not backing down. I was chosen to be Bella's mother for a reason and I will advocate for her until she gets what she needs to be successful. 

After the kids got off to school today, I was having a moment. A moment of sulking, of missing babies at home, of homework struggles, of school struggles, bus struggles, missing my dad, struggling with my body, work struggles... just life was really feeling a bit rough. I was daydreaming about loading us all up in the camper and going on endless adventures. Lofty goals, I know. 
(camping earlier this summer)


In my moment, I decided I was going to call insurance just to ensure that they received the request. They haven't. That's a joke right? Wrong. They had nothing on file from anyone regarding a new prosthetic... ugh. 

 I have worked in the medical field for 16 years and nothing frustrates me more than the medical field. In all seriousness, it can be a like you are circling the drain waiting and worrying. I remember back to when my mom had cancer, they did all the testing then it was hurry up and wait. There's no waiting with cancer people, run those tests and let's kick ass and take names! Thankfully my mom did just that. What's a mama to do when she finds out that basically we are still sitting at square one. You call Hanger to find out what's the hold up. I did just that and they are sending things over to our pediatrician today. She will then write a prescription for the prosthetic. The funny thing about all of this is that our pediatrician has NO other patients with limb differences or amputations, just Bella... It's safe to say she's really educated on the whole thing *rolling my eyes*. Thankfully she's a really smart woman and will figure out what she can do to get Bella what she needs. I'll expect a phone call early next week from them. 

Now we wait... I hope your patience is better than mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...