Thursday, May 31, 2018

"Did you date other guys...."

Bella hopped in bed with me this morning and said "Did you date other guys before you married daddy?"

My eyes were BARELY cracked open, like my alarm had JUST went off. Where does this kid come up with such things?

"Yes I dated other guys before I married daddy. It helps you decide what you can put up with for the rest of your life" We both laughed, though it's kind of true!

"That's how you figure out what you want for the rest of your whole life, you date people and decide what you like and don't like. Someday, you find the guy that you love most everything about."

"Why did you pick daddy?"

Okay let's be real, my brain wasn't even awake yet... my eyes were still BARELY open! Why was this child asking deep questions at 6:30 am and where does she decide she wants to know the answer to this question. Where did this come up before?

"Really, why did you pick him?"


Okay that might not be his best angle :)

"For lots of reasons, he's kind and thoughtful. He's funny and fun to be around. He likes adventures. He's supportive of me and the things I love and makes me happy. I knew he'd make a great dad too, was I right?"

"Yeah you were right" and we both smiled. 


"He's actually a LOT like Papa John too. Someday I hope you marry a guy as great as your daddy."

"Well girls can ask boys to marry them right because I'm not waiting forever. Like when I'm 27, I'm asking the guy if we've been dating awhile. I'll get a ring or something."

"You can do whatever you want! If that's what you want to do then you can."

"Yeah and you and Dad will be old like Tutu then." Thanks for the reminder kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...