Monday, March 7, 2016

Maybe I don't hate March

March is usually a rough month for me. It's the month that I held my stomach and sobbed as someone held the phone to my dad's ear while he died on the other end of the phone. This year is five years. I expected it to suck and there have been moments when it does. Moments when I cried when the rest of the house was asleep. Moments when I cried in the shower or when the kids were napping and at school.

This weekend, my feelings changed a bit. We spent Saturday doing what we do best, lounging and loving. We spent Sunday morning hiking with my brother in law and his family. We are SO lucky to have family close by and our kids are blessed to have cousins their age to love and make memories with. We hiked and soaked up the scenery while our boots were covered in mud. We laughed and the kids played and made up stories as we went along. I took a few moments to really savor the sound of their voices, the laughter that filled the air and the sights around us. I love that we love being outside and exploring. I love that our kids love that too. I also love that it's a way for us to bond with our extended family.

Sunday evening, we took dinner to "Hampa" as Luca calls him. It's okay because at 92, he calls Luca "Luco" and Luca laughs and says "Hampa calls me Luto"... he calls himself "Luta"... ah being a toddler. I love the way kids pronounce words! We enjoyed filling grandpa's house with the smell of mexican food and the sound of noise and laughter. The kids enjoyed it, we enjoyed it and I know Grandpa enjoyed it too.

Today, it's Monday. It was sunny and 64. It's March... that's unheard of. We all walked Bella to school. We played in the yard. I did a Pinterest project. We laughed, we loved. It's March and I'm not only surviving. I'm happy. This week is good and maybe I don't hate March after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of being a mama

Being a parent is NO joke. I just had a conversation with one of my aunts about how as parents we do the very best we can and sometimes its ...